Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

About my blog posts


Now I decided.  I plan to make at least two posts a week. I can’t promise less post, but only more. First one will be about what I’m working on right now. The other one will be about my old, past works. So in all we have two kinds of posts coming. And in this way I’ll tell not only about my present works but about my previous lessons of art and life.

And not to wait for something I want to introduce to you my first quilt:


It was done when I was 14 years old. I just had an idea that I need something handmade for my room. And so when I was looking for ideas I visited an exhibition. One quilt really inspired me. It was made out of denim. Somehow for little me that was the best idea ever and not long time after that I started making my first quilt. A denim quilt.

Since I was young I didn’t wanted any unnecessary job, so my “sandwich” is incomplete. There is no soft part in it. And binding is incomplete.





I always wandered if I am going to fix it. But this is my first quilt and I decided to leave it as it is.
 


It’s nowhere near perfect or fine. It’s a complete mess, but still it’s my very first quilt and I love its’ every mistake, imperfection or messy parts. These parts makes’ it special for me. It makes me remember when I was just starting my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment